Being an Introvert and Accepting Myself

Being an Introvert and accepting myself


When I was growing up, people always asked me these weird questions. “Why are you so quiet?” or “Why are you so different?” and sometimes I overheard them asking “Why is she so weird?”. So most of my life I thought there was something wrong with me.

Two years ago I started this self-discovery journey. I wanted to heal myself. I wanted to feel like I belonged. To fix what was wrong with me, because my whole life I was led to believe that I was broken.   

Sure I had friends that cared for me and family members that would do anything for me, but I always felt like I didn’t belong. 

People never described me as introverted. I was the shy quiet one. I never knew that shyness and being an introvert is not the same thing. The two can go hand in hand, but some introverts are not shy. It has more to do with your energy. 

Introverts are drained of their energy when there are a lot of people around them and charged when they are by themselves. Extroverts are opposite of that, where their energy gets charged by a crowd and drained when their alone. Weird, but true.

So I was a shy introvert. It took me almost my whole life to realise that I’m not broken. Sure the introvert does not like to party and prefers quiet alone time. There nothing wrong with that. 

I was called dull and boring, because I did not want to attend all the parties. I’m definitely not dull and boring. That is not how I would ever describe myself.

 I’m silly and I laugh a lot. I make stupid jokes all the time. I can have long conversations about anything under the sun as long as there’s not alot of people around where all eyes are on me.

I think before I speak, that way I don’t have to embarrass myself. I love observing people, that way I understand them better. 

 I’m creative and full of ideas and I learn something new everyday, just because I love absorbing information. It’s easy for me, because I’m an introvert.  So no, boring and dull is not how I would describe myself.

Some people like making assumptions about introverts. I always hated how they made up their mind about me before getting to know me.  Today I love being the weirdo introvert. I’m not broken. 

If you’re an introvert, don’t ever let anyone make you feel like you need to be fixed. People will try making you an extrovert, but its never going to work. Your brain is not wired that way. 

Embrace your introverted nature. I hope those extroverts out there can be a bit patient with us introverts. We are actually really awesome once we open up and you get to know us. 

Until next time, 
Goodbye.

Want to read more Renza posts? Here's some links!
Practicing mindfulness and meditation
Healing your inner child

Pic credit: Pixabay pics Renza edited.

Don't forget to follow our blog for updates. Please share and plus one if you think your friends will like reading my post. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for reading our blog. We appreciate all your comments. I'll moderate first, but always reply back. Please share and don't forget to follow us for new blog posts updates. Thank you from Buff, Fluff and Renza :-) ♥♥♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Buff, Fluff & Renza Here!!! ♥