Woof! Hello guys! I'm back. Mommy's eyes are finally better. I was really scared you guys. She looked really creepy with those red eyes. I don't like when bad things happen to her. She's not just my food supplier, she's also my best friend and I feel the need to protect my Renza.
All doggies were bred to be natural protectors. It's in our DNA. The humans feed us, give us shelter, plays with us and love us. So it's natural that we would want to protect them.
Not everything that comes close to your human is dangerous. So don't go all crazy and jump and attack everything that moves. Here are some things to look out for.
1. If someone approaches your human with a really loud voice, let them know it's unacceptable by stepping inbetween them and your human. Growl a little so that they can back off and keep quiet.
2. If the person touches your human and they yell out "Ouch!". This is the perfect time to use your sharp teeth. They're not just made to chew food and rip apart toys. Go ahead and bite them. Who told them to lay their filthy hands on your human. You have my permission. Grrrr!
3. When new visitors come to your house, smell them first. If they smell 'wrong'...Attack! If they smell friendly then you can leave them alone. Maybe they have treats or a toy.
4. Warn your human by barking a special bark when there's visitors at the gate or door. My warning bark sounds like a howl. You guys know how to howl, right? We are part wolf after all. Arhoooooooooooooof!!
|Sleeping on the job. I'm guilty of this too.|
6. Don't fall for the "Here's a treat" from a stranger. They don't know you or what kind of snacks you like. What gives them the right to hand out treats anyway? If you really want the treat, look at your human first for approval.
7. When you go outside for walkies make sure you're always at your humans side. It's tempting to smell random things and chase dogs or other humans that's walking too close. Don't do it! If they don't look at you or come close to pet you then don't engage. Just ignore them.
8. If another doggy eyes your human and look at them the way you look at food, let the doggy know that your human is under your protection. Growl if they think your not serious. Grrrr!
|Example of extreme guarding|
Luckily she has me and of course Fluffy to protect her. Don't be fooled by our cuteness. Big mistake! Fluffy has shown us she's quite vicious and will be a good protector. Already barking at strangers. She barks when she destroys things too but that's a story for another day. Her needle sharp teeth will come in handy if we need to take on some creepy person. She's an attack first ask questions later type. Grrrr!!
I have a very smart little sister, but there's something a little off about her. I can't put my paw on it. She has found a way onto the couch even though she's too small to reach. She also knows how to get out of things, like through partition gates. It looks like she's good at problem solving.
Don't worry you guys. Renza figured out how she does it and closed all the Fluffy exit points that were apparently not obvious to us. Mommy had to pretend to hide so that she can catch Fluffy in the act, because she waits until no one is watching. Vicious and sneaky. Not a good combination. We're okay for now, until she finds other ways. Anyway time to go you guys. Renza promised me a big bowl of puppy food. Don't judge! It's better than that junk they always feed me.
Job: Guard dog, part-time blogger
Likes: Playing and hanging out with Renza and Fluffy, eating and sleeping
Dislikes: Grooming and food thieves
Pic credit: Mommy Renza and Pexels free stock images that mommy edited.
Want to read more Buffy post? Links below:
Playtime with dogs
Living with my new house mate Fluffy
Quote of the week
P.S. I've selected an assortment of products below. They are affiliate links and we'll get a few cents per click and a small commission if you purchase something. I need more toys, because Fluffy destroys everything! It will cost you nothing to click humans. Thank you! Woof!
Don't forget to follow our blog for updates you guys. Please share and plus one if you think your friends will like reading my post. Woooof!!!