How to protect your human

How to protect your human - tips for dogs

Woof! Hello guys! I'm back. Mommy's eyes are finally better. I was really scared you guys. She looked really creepy with those red eyes. I don't like when bad things happen to her. She's not just my food supplier, she's also my best friend and I feel the need to protect my Renza.

All doggies were bred to be natural protectors. It's in our DNA. The humans feed us, give us shelter, plays with us and love us. So it's natural that we would want to protect them.

Not everything that comes close to your human is dangerous. So don't go all crazy and jump and attack everything that moves. Here are some things to look out for.

1. If someone approaches your human with a really loud voice, let them know it's unacceptable by stepping inbetween them and your human. Growl a little so that they can back off and keep quiet.

2. If the person touches your human and they yell out "Ouch!". This is the perfect time to use your sharp teeth. They're not just made to chew food and rip apart toys. Go ahead and bite them. Who told them to lay their filthy hands on your human. You have my permission. Grrrr!

3. When new visitors come to your house, smell them first. If they smell 'wrong'...Attack! If they smell friendly then you can leave them alone. Maybe they have treats or a toy.

4. Warn your human by barking a special bark when there's visitors at the gate or door. My warning bark sounds like a howl. You guys know how to howl, right? We are part wolf after all. Arhoooooooooooooof!!

Dog sleeping
Sleeping on the job. I'm guilty of this too.
5. Stay close to your human. Lie infront of them with your back towards them or just sit or stand close. You never know what can happen with a world filled with crazy people. Be alert and lookout for 'wrong' humans and other things.

6. Don't fall for the "Here's a treat" from a stranger. They don't know you or what kind of snacks you like. What gives them the right to hand out treats anyway? If you really want the treat, look at your human first for approval.

7. When you go outside for walkies make sure you're always at your humans side. It's tempting to smell random things and chase dogs or other humans that's walking too close. Don't do it! If they don't look at you or come close to pet you then don't engage. Just ignore them.

8. If another doggy eyes your human and look at them the way you look at food, let the doggy know that your human is under your protection. Growl if they think your not serious. Grrrr!

How to protect you human
Example of extreme guarding
I hope this was helpful you guys. Our humans are important to our survival so we need to make sure nothing happens to them. I love my Renza but she's a bit of a weakling. Can't fight to save her life. You may think she can scream because she's a girl. Nope! That's not an option either. Weak voice too.

Luckily she has me and ofcourse Fluffy to protect her. Don't be fooled by our cuteness. Big mistake! Fluffy has shown us she's quite vicious and will be a good protector. Already barking at strangers. She barks when she destroys things too but that's a story for another day. Her needle sharp teeth will come in handy if we need to take on some creepy person. She's an attack first ask questions later type. Grrrr!!

I have a very smart little sister, but there's something a little off about her. I can't put my paw on it. She has found a way onto the couch even though she's too small to reach. She also knows how to get out of things, like through partition gates. It looks like she's good at problem solving.

Don't worry you guys. Renza figured out how she does it and closed all the Fluffy exit points that were apparently not obvious to us. Mommy had to pretend to hide so that she can catch Fluffy in the act, because she waits until no one is watching. Vicious and sneaky. Not a good combination. We're okay for now, until she finds other ways. Anyway time to go you guys. Renza promised me a big bowl of puppy food. Don't judge! Its better than that junk they always feed me.

Woof! Woooooof!

Author: Buffy
Job: Guard dog, part-time blogger
Likes: Playing and hanging out with Renza and Fluffy, eating and sleeping
Dislikes: Grooming and food thieves

Pic credit:  Mommy Renza and Pexels free stock images that mommy edited.

Want to read more Buffy post? Links below:
Playtime with dogs
Living with my new house mate Fluffy

Quote of the week
Dog quote of the week

Don't forget to follow our blog for updates you guys. Please share and plus one if you think your friends will like reading my post. Woooof!!!


11 comments:

  1. Cutest guard dog ever. My former employer had a dog that would sit on her feet. I'm not sure if this was to protect her or if she had trained it to warm her ankles. Our office was cold.
    Wise words: "When new visitors come to your house, smell them first."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Thanks for commenting on my blog Stacey. Buffy actually lies with his back facing me when I sit down outide sometimes. I wondered why because I tried to get him to turn around but no luck. So I read it's because he's guarding me. Scoping out the area lol. Yes I also know the feet warming thing. I don't allow it, he's way too heavy but he lies very close against my legs and sometimes rubs his scent off me by moving back and forth Lol

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post. Dogs are faithful protectors, I just wish all their humans treated them like I'm sure you do. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. Yes it's sad that some dog owners don't appreciate how amazing dogs really are. If I have a bad day, I know a few minutes with my dogs will make me feel better. I never knew a dog could do that. A dog's love is pure and I'm lucky that I got another chance with my Buffy to experience it. :-)

      Delete
  3. Man, you just have to love dogs, it is a special relationship formed between dogs and humans. You have some wonderful looking dogs, and they are pretty good bloggers, too. Great post, Lorenza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Thanks Tim. Yes I think they were bred to be bloggers too lol :-)

      Delete
  4. I showed this to my cat but she just meowed and went over to her food dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm sure she did Captain. I had a cat only once in my life and he slept on my head when I was a child. Not sure what that was about lol.

      Delete
  5. Hello !
    Welcome to the "Directory Blogspot"
    We are pleased to accept your blog in the division: Rep South Africa
    With the number: 51
    We hope you will make our site known to friends,
    Invite your friends by offering them the "dIrectory award"
    This is the only way to expand the site.
    The activity is only friendly
    Important! Do not forget to follow our blog. thank you
    Have a great day
    Friendly
    Chris
    For other bloggers who are reading this text just register
    Http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/search/label/Africa%20Rep%20South%20Africa______51%20Members
    Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration
    Thank you for your understanding
    ++++
    Get a special price "dIrectory award" for your blog! With compliments
    Best Regards
    Chris
    A pleasure to offer you a diploma for your site
    Http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/04/22//15042212171618874513195366.png

    Invite your friends to join us! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, dogs are sensitive i know, i have 3 cats, cats are hoity toity :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guray! Three kitties sounds like a handfull lol.

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for reading our blog. We appreciate all your comments. Please Plus 1 our posts, share, pin, flip, tweet and don't forget to follow us for new blog posts updates. We prefer Google plus and email follows but if you can't, please choose our other follow options on the sidebar. Thank you from Buff, Fluff and Renza :-)